Hep B Blog

U.S. Residents Only: Reporting Discriminatory Behavior Due to Chronic HBV Infection

Unknown-1An important message from the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) which pertains only to U.S. Residents:

If you or someone you know is dismissed or barred from a program due to chronic hepatitis B infection, report the incident to the Department of Justice, whether the complaint is against a State or local agency, a school or any private entity that serves the public.

As a friend, advocate or colleague, you have the right to file a complaint to report discriminatory behavior.  Fill in and submit the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Complaint Form (www.ada.gov/t2cmpfrm.htm).

Kindly return the form to the following address:
U.S. Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Disability Rights – NYAV
Washington, D.C. 20530

Or you may print and send the report via fax to the following number: (202) 307-1197.

Please note: you must be a U.S. resident in order to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice

Comments on this blog are closed. If you have questions about hepatitis B or this blog post, please email info@hepb.org or call 215-489-4900.

4 thoughts on “U.S. Residents Only: Reporting Discriminatory Behavior Due to Chronic HBV Infection”

  1. Hi my name is yousuf and live in Afghanistan and i have inactivate Hep B but when a apply for jobs and i do the Hep B test it shows positive then i lose that job i have been facing with this problem in my life.
    now i have decided to go to U.S because of security threats and i have work with U.S citizens in afghanistan can i pass my health screening successfully? or i will be filled ?

    1. You will not be discriminated against as a result of being HBsAg positive, but it may take some time to immigrate to the U.S., though I do not pretend to know all of the rules and the time it takes to get a visa.

Comments are closed.