Patient and Provider Opportunities
The Hepatitis B Foundation is pleased to share information about current and upcoming opportunities for people living with hepatitis B and their providers. These opportunities can be tools and resources, clinical trials, or other research opportunities to learn more from people who have hepatitis B.
U.S. researchers seeking people living with hepatitis B
Researchers across the U.S. are recruiting people living with hepatitis B for a clinical trial of a potential new treatment, which is called Cemiplimab. Sponsored by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), the study is being led by a University of California at Los Angeles team and has sites in L.A., New York City, Atlanta and other locations. If you’re interested, you can find eligibility information on ClinicalTrials.gov, using the identifier (NCT number): NCT04046107. Enrollment must be done through a physician.
Attention patients with hepatitis B:
Your source for HBV education and tools. View the CME Outfitters HBV Patient Hub here.
CME Outfitters presents a webcast series aimed at helping pharmacists better care for those with hepatitis B.
- Part 1: Screening and Interpreting Hepatitis B Serologic Results to Inform Treatment Decisions
- Part 2: Patients with Hepatitis B: Medical Comorbidities That Can Impact Treatment and Prompt the Provider to Switch
- Part 3: Beyond the Prescription Refill: The Role of the Pharmacist in Ongoing Monitoring of Patients with HBV
CME Outfitters has a wealth of information about treating patients with hepatitis B. Learn more through these podcasts:
- The HBV Refresher: Screen, Diagnose, Treat
- HBV Treatment Decision-Making
- Public Health Opportunities in the ED: Step 1: Screen for HBV, Step 2: Link to Care
- Long-Term Management of HBV: Meeting the Culturally Diverse Needs of Your Patient Community
This incredibly informative webcast is also available:
Test Your Knowledge: An Interactive Session on Emerging Data and Expert Insights on Hepatitis B. View this webcast here.
Complimentary CME Activity:
Hepatitis B Recognition and Care Determination in Primary Care
In this accredited CME activity, expert faculty discuss:
- Recommendations for hepatitis B virus (HBV) screening and testing
- Best practices for patient education and counseling
- Treatment considerations for patients with chronic HBV
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) risk, screening, and surveillance
In addition, patient advocates provide perspectives from the patient community on challenges faced regarding HBV screening, testing, and treatment.
Disclaimer – The opportunities listed on this page do not represent all available opportunities. The Hepatitis B Foundation receives funding to provide information about the specific opportunities listed on this page. The Hepatitis B Foundation follows IRB-approved protocols and our own Corporate Ethics Policy for all listings. If you are interested in having an opportunity listed on this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.