Dr. Gish answered answered a number of very important questions for those diagnosed with liver cancer, and also has some great advice for liver cancer surveillance, including best imaging tests for the diagnosis of cirrhosis or liver cancer and more. Continue reading "Q & A – Treatment Options for Liver Cancer Webinar"
Hoping to learn more about treatment options for liver cancer, but weren’t able to make the webinar with Dr. Gish on April 27th? Continue reading "Treatment Options for Liver Cancer YouTube Webinar With Dr. Robert Gish"
HBF is pleased to connect our blog readers to Christine Kukka’s monthly HBV Journal Review that she writes for the HBV Advocate. The journal presents the
latest in hepatitis B research, treatment, and prevention from recent academic and medical journals. This month, the following topics are explored:
- Experts Say Breastfeeding While Taking Antivirals Is Safe
- Doctors Fail to Adequately Treat HBV-Infected Women After Childbirth
- Doctors Continue to Fail to Screen Asian-Americans for Hepatitis B
- Statins Protect Hepatitis B Patients Against Heart Disease and Liver Cancer
- New Study Finds Antivirals Lower Liver Cancer Risk
- Studies Find Tenofovir Lowers Viral Load Faster Than Entecavir
- Liver Transplants Safe in Older Hepatitis B Patients
- Scientists Develop Micro Weapon to Disable HBV’s Cancer-Causing X Protein
- Foreign-Born U.S. Residents Less Likely to Be Immunized
- Antivirals Can Safely Replace HBIG Following Liver Transplantation
- All Hepatitis B Patients Appear at Risk from Chemotherapy
Continue reading "HBV Journal Review – November 2014"