This May, for Hepatitis Awareness Month, we are asking you to #justBLoud for hepatitis B. Currently up to 2.4 million living in the U.S. have chronic hepatitis B, yet no one seems to be talking about it. The average American is unaware about hepatitis B and why our country needs to put more energy into prevention and finding a cure. The louder we are, the more we can help people get screened, vaccinated or treated for this serious disease.
You can start getting loud the Hepatitis Awareness Month by making a short video explaining why it’s important for you to #justBLoud about hepatitis B. It can be a personal story or you can take the text right from the below bulleted points. Be sure make the post public and tag #justBLoud and tag HepBFoundation. You can even make quick Instagram and Facebook stories using the #justBLoud stickers we created, just search “justbloud” in the stickers menu. If you’re camera shy, write down your reason for being loud and share a photo of it online.
Talking points for your message may include:
- #JustBLoud about prevention: Hepatitis B is easily prevented with a safe vaccine.
- #JustBLoud about transmission: Hepatitis B is transmitted through direct contact with infected blood, not casual contact. Hug someone with hepatitis B today.
- #JustBLoud about screening: In the U.S. only 25% of people with hepatitis B are aware that they have hepatitis B. Get screened today.
- #JustBLoud about treatment: Only 50% of people with diagnosed chronic hepatitis B in the U.S. receive appropriate medical care.
- #JustBLoud about giving: Donating to the Hepatitis B Foundation makes a big impact for people living with hepatitis B. It affects advocacy efforts as well as research to find a cure!
Other easy ways to just B Loud this Hepatitis Awareness Month:
- Share our social media posts this month to help spread the word. Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Use one of these as your zoom background to get the conversation started:
- Join our Action Center for Hep B United here.
Whatever you do this month, don’t be quiet! We need to spread the word about hepatitis B to help people living with hepatitis B whether they know it or not and those who are unvaccinated. Thank you in advance for participating.
Please note: If you don’t want to participate because you fear discrimination please contact us privately here.