What Is Hepatitis B?
What Is Hepatitis B?
- The ABCs of Viral Hepatitis
- Liver Cancer and Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis Delta Coinfection
- Hepatitis C Coinfection
- HIV/AIDS Coinfection
Frequently Asked Questions about Hepatitis B
- What is hepatitis B?
- Why is hepatitis B so dangerous?
- Is there a cure for hepatitis B?
- What treatments (medicines) are available for chronic hepatitis B?
- What blood tests are important to diagnose and evaluate my hepatitis B infection?
- Does everyone with chronic hepatitis B need to take medicine?
- Will herbals, natural “remedies”, Ayurveda or Traditional Chinese Medicine, supplements, or vitamins and minerals control hepatitis B?
- If I don’t need to take medicine for my hepatitis B at this time, what must I do to support my liver?
- Can a hepatitis B infection be prevented? How can I protect my loved ones?
- Is the hepatitis B vaccine safe?
- Is the hepatitis B vaccine safe during pregnancy?
- Can I catch hepatitis B from the vaccine?
- If I started the vaccine series but didn't complete my 2nd or 3rd dose on schedule, do I have to start over?
- I received my vaccine years ago--am I still protected?
- Should I get the hepatitis B vaccine if I have a chronic HBV infection or have recovered from a past infection?
- Where can I get vaccinated against hepatitis B in the USA?
- What should I do if I am diagnosed with chronic hepatitis B?
- I am diagnosed with chronic hepatitis B, can I get married and have children?
- I am currently pregnant, and I have chronic hepatitis B. What should I do to protect my baby?
- Can I donate blood if I have hepatitis B?
- If I have chronic hepatitis B infection, can I hug my children, partner or friend?
- I’m in love, when and how do I tell my (prospective) partner that I have hepatitis B?
- If hepatitis B is sexually transmitted, how come my partner isn’t infected?
- If chronic hepatitis B is a silent disease, why do I have symptoms?
- Sometimes I feel sad and depressed because of my hepatitis B status, what should I do?
- What is the likelihood that someone infected with hepatitis B will develop liver cancer?
- I’m living with hepatitis B, what should I do to reduce my risk of developing liver cancer?
- My country does not have a clinical trial for hepatitis B. Is it possible to travel to another country to participate?
- I keep hearing about a “Functional Cure” for chronic hepatitis B, what does this mean?
Can I catch hepatitis B from the vaccine?
No. You cannot get hepatitis B from the vaccine because it does not contain any live virus or blood products. The vaccine is made from a synthetic yeast product in a laboratory. The most common side effects are redness and soreness in the arm where the shot is given.
Find more Frequently Asked Questions here.
Page updated 02/09/2022