What People Want: The Most Important Outcomes of Future Hepatitis B Treatments
Future treatment for hepatitis B: Participants were asked to share what they want new potential treatments to achieve, and share their perspectives on how the new hepatitis B medications under development may impact their lives.
Respondents listed the most important outcomes of future hepatitis B treatments:
- 28% - loss of hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg).
- 25% - having finite treatment (6-12 months).
- 20% - reducing the risk of liver cancer.
- 14% - improving quality of daily life (reducing physical, emotional symptoms and stigma).
One participant said “So it's my dream someday to be kind of like a business owner too. So, I want to have some kind of treatment that enables me to not really be too cautious in my life.”
- Learn about new hepatitis B treatments under development (Drug Watch).
- Help us advocate for hepatitis B curative research.
- Engage with scientists at HepBCommunity to share what you want in future hepatitis B treatment.