Questions to Ask
Questions When Newly Diagnosed
- What type of liver cancer do I have and what stage is it?
- Has the cancer spread beyond my liver?
- Do I have chronic hepatitis B and/or hepatitis C infections? What does this mean?
- Do I have cirrhosis of the liver? How well is my liver working?
- Can you explain my blood test results or imaging studies to me? Can I get a copy of all of the results?
Questions About Treatment
- What are my treatment options and how will they help me?
- Do I need any more tests before we decide on my treatment?
- Do I need to see any other doctors before I start treatment?
- What should I expect during the treatment process and what are the possible long-term side effects of treatment?
- What are the chances that the cancer will come back?
- Are there any clinical trials for liver cancer that I might be able to participate in?
- Where can I find help on insurance issues?
- Are there any liver cancer support groups, either in-person or online groups?
- Are there any brochures or other printed material that I can take with me?