Early-stage liver cancer often does not cause symptoms, which is why regular screening is so important for early detection.
When the liver cancer grows larger, one or more of these common symptoms may appear:
- Pain in the upper abdomen (belly) on the right side
- A lump or a feeling of heaviness in the upper abdomen
- Swollen abdomen (collection of fluid)
- Loss of appetite and feelings of fullness
- Weight loss
- Weakness or feeling very tired
- Nausea and vomiting
- Yellow skin and eyes (jaundice)
- Pale stools and dark urine
These symptoms could also be caused by other health problems, so it is very important to see a knowledgeable health care provider early on so that problems can be diagnosed and managed as soon as possible.