Find A Doctor
Finding a Doctor to Manage Your Hepatitis B and D
Visit our Physician Directory to locate a doctor near you! It now includes a specific search tool to locate doctors that also manage hepatitis D patients.
Preparing for your Appointment
If you have been diagnosed with hepatitis D, it is important to find a doctor that has experience in treating liver disease. Most doctors who treat hepatitis B patients also know how to care for those infected with hepatitis D.
Learning that you or a loved one has a hepatitis D infection, in addition to a hepatitis B infection, can be scary and overwhelming. You may have a lot of questions but may not be sure what to ask or what to do. Because your appointment may be brief and you likely will have a lot to talk about, below are 5 useful tips:
- Before your appointment, obtain copies of any test results or other medical information related to your hepatitis D and hepatitis B.
- Make a list of all symptoms, including those that may seem unimportant. Take this list with you to your appointment to make it easier to remember when you’re talking to your doctor.
- Make a list of all medications, including any vitamins or supplements that you're taking and discuss this list with your doctor at the appointment.
- Write down any questions you want to ask your doctor. List the most important questions first, in case you run out of time with your appointment.
- Take a family member or friend with you to the appointment. Ask them to take notes if possible and to help you remember the questions you prepared. Two sets of ears are better than one, and after the appointment you can compare notes.