The meeting organizers, as in previous years, are actively raising funds to provide travel grants for students, post-docs, and others in need of additional support. Special consideration will be given to those scientists who have the longest distance to travel and awards will be higher to cover the cost to attend the meeting. Participants interested in receiving travel grant assistance should submit an abstract no later than June 1. The Meeting Organizers will determine and distribute travel grants no later than June 20.
Travel grant requests will receive consideration based on the following criteria:
- Only Young Scientists* may submit for funding consideration
- Award will be based on the score earned by the submitted abstract
- Young Scientists traveling long distances
- Financial need of the student/ post-doctoral fellow
- Under-represented American minority status (as required by NIH grant)
To submit your abstract, please go to the Abstracts page.
- Travel grant abstracts must be submitted no later than June 1.
- Young Scientists who submit travel grant abstracts will receive notice of their award no later than June 20
*A "Young Scientist" is a scientist/researcher with only 5-6 years post doctorate experience who does not work independently and is not the "Principal Investigator" on grants.