Travel Grant submission is closed.
The meeting organizers, as in previous years, are actively raising funds to provide travel grants for students, post-docs, and others in need of additional support. Participants interested in receiving travel grant assistance should submit an abstract no later than Monday, 6/16/2014. The Meeting Organizers will determine and distribute travel grants no later than Wednesday, 6/25.
Travel grant requests will receive consideration based on the following criteria:
- Only Young Scientists* may submit for funding consideration
- Award will be based on the score earned by the submitted abstract
- Financial need of the student/ post-doctoral fellow
- Under-represented American minority status (as required by NIH grant)
To submit your abstract, please go to the Abstracts page.
- Travel grant abstracts must be submitted no later than Monday, 6/16/2014.
- Young Scientists who submit travel grant abstracts will receive notice of their award no later than Wednesday, 6/25/2014.
2014 Travel Grant Funding
The 2014 Travel Grants will be approximately $800.00 each. These funds will pay the following expenses:
- Cost of meeting registration of $360
- Travel reimbursement of $440 (distributed at registration desk on 9/3)
*A "Young Scientist" is a scientist/researcher who has only 5-6 years post doctorate who does not work independently and is not the "Principal Investigator" on grants.