The meeting organizers, as in previous years, are actively raising funds to provide travel grants for students, post-docs, and others in need of additional support. Participants interested in receiving travel grant assistance should submit an abstract no later than July 27, 2011. The Meeting Organizers will determine and distribute travel grants no later than August 8, 2011.
Travel grant requests will receive consideration based on the following criteria:
- Only Young Scientists* may submit for funding consideration
- Award will be based on the score earned by the submitted abstract
- Financial need of the student/ post-doctoral fellow
- Under-represented American minority status (as required by NIH grant)
To submit your abstract, please go to the Abstracts page.
- Travel grant abstracts must be submitted no later than July 27, 2011.
- Young Scientists who submit travel grant abstracts will receive notice of their award no later than August 8, 2011.
*A "Young Scientist" is a scientist/researcher who has only 5-6 years post doctorate who does not work independently and is not the "Principal Investigator" on grants.