Dr. Gish answered answered a number of very important questions for those diagnosed with liver cancer, and also has some great advice for liver cancer surveillance, including best imaging tests for the diagnosis of cirrhosis or liver cancer and more. Continue reading "Q & A – Treatment Options for Liver Cancer Webinar"
In celebration of Asian Pacific Heritage Month, Dr. moon Chen, Principal Investigator for the Asian American Network for Cancer Awareness Research and Training (AANCART) and UC Davis professor, reflects on the unnecessary cancer burden in Asian American and Pacific Islanders, including the burden of hepatitis B related liver cancer. Continue reading "May is Asian Pacific American Heritage Month"
Myth: Clinical trials are only for people with advanced stages of cancer.
Fact: No! Trials are available for all stages of cancer, not just for people who have advanced cancer that is not responding to treatment.
If you or a loved one needs treatment for liver cancer, clinical trials are an option to think about. Continue reading "Clinical Trials in Liver Cancer: What You Need to Know"
HBF is pleased to connect our blog readers to Christine Kukka’s monthly HBV Journal Review that she writes for the HBV Advocate. The journal presents the
latest in hepatitis B research, treatment, and prevention from recent academic and medical journals. This month, the following topics are explored:
- New Treatments Targeting Hepatitis B Start Clinical Trials Soon
- Experts Urge Doctors to Screen Pregnant Women for Both Hepatitis B and High Viral Loads
- Using Antivirals Early in a Pregnancy Reduces Infection of Newborns
- Some Pregnant Women in U.S. Still Not Getting Screened for HBV and STIs
- High Viral Loads in Men Increase the Amount of HBV DNA in Their Sperm
- Despite Vaccine, Rural States See Rise in Hepatitis B Due to Heroin Use
- More Than Half of Young Drug Users Are Not Vaccinated Against Hepatitis A and B
- Shorter Vaccination Schedule Works to Prevent Infection Among Drug Users
- Generic Entecavir Could Treat All Patients Worldwide for $36 a Year
- Reformulated Tenofovir Appears Better at Fighting Infection in Liver Cells
- Another Report Calls for Doctors to Screen All Patients for HBV Before Starting Chemotherapy
- Study Confirms Aflatoxins Increase Liver Cancer in Hepatitis B Patients
Continue reading "HBV Journal Review – May 2015"